Monday, August 28, 2006

Neglectful...

I've been neglectful of my blog and for that I am sorry. Neglecting my blog means that I've been doing other things which can be both good and bad. Right now I'm putting all the final touches on show artwork and trying to meet deadlines. Plus, I've been spending time with my family - it's been nice to have a weekend with nothing to do! (Except, we helped cater an event this weekend - fed about 450 people. I'm still trying to recoup!)

Anyway - today's blog was going to be about how you SHOULDN'T act when you're at an event and are being served dinner, but it's done and over and I don't feel like griping about it today. Although, I will say - if you are vegetarian (which there is NOTHING wrong with!) and you know that they're serving Filet and Chicken, make sure to preorder your vegetarian selection! Ok - had to get that off of my chest!

Back to things at hand. Well...no real photos to update. They're sitting on my Rebel which is sitting at home on my scanner. A lot of good that does me for the blog. I do have this photo of my great niece, Ryan. She'll be 9 months tomorrow. Little stinker!



Both my niece and my brother got new cars this weekend. That's something that Scott and I won't see for a long time. I am bound and determined to pay off a car one day. I've got a year left on my 626, and it's only got 26,000 miles on it (it's 4 years old) so I'm thinking that we've still got a long time with that car. At least, I hope so. I keep telling Maggie that it will be hers one day. She's excited about it now, but wait until she's 16. I'm sure that excitement will turn to begging for something different. I'm hoping by then, it will resemble the car John Candy drove in Uncle Buck and we can just have fun with it. Good times I tell ya!

Well, I better get going. I have Weight Watchers in an hour and need to finish up and get out of here. The dreaded scale is calling my name. I hate that damn thing. I think it laughs at me when I step on it, or maybe that noise is the scale choking from my utter size. Either way - I don't like it! LOL!

4 comments:

Joanna Bolick said...

We photographed some caterers awhile back and oh my goodness I was worn out just watching them in action!! Also, I just wanted to say Hey Ginger!! ; )

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of Ryan.. she is adorable...those eyes are beautiful!!!
t.

Anonymous said...

Ryan is GORGEOUS!!!! That's a beautiful picture of her :)

450 people to feed-that's alot know wonder your tired!

Anonymous said...

Good luck at WW tonight! I'll be thinking of you! Hugs, Jane