Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Had a Great Weekend & Update on Addie

Sorry that I haven't been updating as much as I used to. I've been working through lunches and sometimes only update during breaks since in the evenings it's almost impossible to get online. (It's Fantasy Football Season, so Scott is permanently attached to CBS Sportsline)

I had a GREAT time on a scrapbook retreat this past weekend with my friends Jana and Jennifer. I also met some other girls that were just awesome to sit and chat with and one of them was needlefelting which of course sparked my interest. I predict by the end of the year, that will be my new hobby. (It will not replace scrapbooking of course, but I could see myself doing it.) It was nice to get away with the girls and of course being around creative people is always inspiring!

I also wanted to update on Addie. She has started physical therapy for her walking. She has not started walking on her own yet, because she has what they call "hypermobility in her joints" which has caused some muscle weakness in her legs. We are working with her to increase her muscle strength as well as support her ankles with special shoes. (They are currently holding off on the ortho braces that they first recommended because the shoes seem to be doing the trick.) We had a great appointment today and by the end of the hour, Addie was moving all over the place with minimal support from her therapist. They believe it will just be a jumpstart to get her to walk and everything will be just fine. Developmentally, she's on target or ahead in all other areas except the walking. I figure it's a minute detour that we're heading off at the pass. She'll be good to go in a few months. The PT jokes that once Addie takes off, I'll wish she weren't walking on her own again. She's probably right considering that Addie moves like a mad woman and climbs on everything she can. She's also got a mean streak - I gotta break her of that.

That's all for now. Gotta get back to work (took 5 minutes for my afternoon break).

Hope all is well with everyone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nick has already informed everyone that the next 16 Sundays are his. I no nothing about football but I do know Tony Romo (I think that's how you speel it) is one of the best players on his Fantasy team.
We forget how strong and determined kids can be. Good luck with everything.

Anonymous said...

Well I'm a team owner of my own fantasy team on CBS Sportsline, but I spend about 5 mins/week on that website! Just sayin......

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear the good news and progress about Addie. She is such a little cutie.
Ed is totally into the Fantasy Football thing too...we're waiting for the basement to be completed so that he can get his 65" TV delivered to the "Man cave"....I may never see him again. LOL
t.