Thursday, August 02, 2007

Leaving for Vacation Soon - Can't Wait!

I've only got a few more days before the family and I head off for our annual trek down to Florida. I can't wait! This is the first time in about four years that my vacation won't be cut short due to a trade show. It's also the first time that I don't have to "work" while on vacation.

By the way, the quiet little neighborhood that I live in actually made CNN.com yesterday. We have a nutso neighbor about 10 houses down from us that was apparently an "animal hoarder". Not only that - she had 40 DEAD animals in her freezer. What's sad is that the neighbors have complained about her for quite some time. I know on any given day she had 6-10 dogs in the back yard. (She lived on a corner lot so we could see her backyard) One night I came home from a crop and saw a huge snake in her window and a parrot. I used to tell my husband "Something is NOT right about the house on the corner." Sure enough. It wasn't. This morning when I left I saw that they had set out a bunch of disgusting animal cages for the garbage people. I think that hazmat should take care of that - not our poor garbage guy.

On a more positive note I had a great weigh-in this week. Lost another 2.4 pounds so my total is up to almost 23. I actually got to shop this week and bought two pair of shorts that were TWO sizes smaller than what I did wear and got some shirts in the regular department at Old Navy. Feels good to shop there again! Hopefully when I go back to the doctor, my PCOS will be under control. I've still got a long way to go on the WL journey but I'm pretty satisfied with my start.

Well, if you don't hear from me for a week or two that's because I'm enjoying time with my hubby and two girls.

Oh - and for all of you that have shown support - thanks. It means a lot. :)

8 comments:

Angie said...

Have you stepped outside lately? Not hot enough for you here? LOL

Have a great trip! And wtg on the WL!

tesstrue... said...

Hooray for you! Enjoy your vacation.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the weight loss and have fun on vacation!

Kimberly Brock said...

Have a great trip to Florida!! Somewhat envious since you'll be near a "Real" beach. WTG on your continued weightloss!!


Have fun!!!

Anonymous said...

I had forgotten you had Kentucky roots until I read the "not right" comment, but shouldn't it have been "something ain't right"? haha! That is pretty creepy though. On a bright note, congrats on the weight loss, that's just terrific! melinda

Anonymous said...

Your layout in the Simple Scrapbooks Sept/Oct issue made me weep. It was an awesome page.

Jane Hasty said...

SO AWESOME G! I HAVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT YOU ALL WEEK! I HOPE YOU'RE HAVING FUN IN FL! JANE

Kimber McGray said...

ewww on the weird animal lady and congrats on the WL!

Hope you had fun on your Vaca!