Addison is a week old today. Officially at 6:53 pm. This time last week, I was registering at the hospital. Goodness, it seems like a dream. I guess I just never thought I would see the day where I'd hold another newborn. Even though I'm completely sleep deprived, I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.
In the spirit of adjustments, I'm going to list my Top 10 realities since bringing Addie home. Some are funny, others are hormonal and mushy - just like me!
10) I'm at the mercy of the sleeping pattern of a newborn. Embrace it.
9) Maggie will have moments. She's no longer the only child and needs time to accept that. Besides, it'll get me ready for when she's a teenager.
8) Buy stock in P&G, Mead Johnson, and Kimberly Clark. I'll benefit from it someday after all the diapers, formula, detergent, pads, etc. that I've had to buy. I alone am increasing their profit margins.
7) Advil doesn't come in a big enough bottle.
6) Don't bank on the baby being big even though that's what the doctor says. Make sure to have a variety of sizes of clothes on hand or else you'll be washing 3 loads of laundry/day.
5) Huggies prevent leaks better than Pampers right now. (Exact opposite with Maggie) Getting ready to try the Luvs - about $2.00 cheaper.
4) I should have bought more than 8 - 4oz. bottles.
3) Take a shower first thing in the morning. Makes me feel better all day.
2) Good friends are a blessing. Be thankful for them.
Kim and Barb were there when I found out I was pregnant and they were there when I had her. Good friends like that are a blessing. (Just like Tina, Jamie, Melissa, Rita, Missy, Emily, Teresa, etc.)
1) I am married to the most wonderful man on the planet. He's the best daddy - watching him with his daughters makes me fall in love with him all over again. That's why he's Scottie 2 Hottie. :)
I'll be sure to post more photos as soon as I can. My home computer pretty much sucks. I'll be getting my Mac Book Pro this weekend, and I'll post Addie updates more frequently.