Friday, June 24, 2005

Doggie Drama

Yesterday was definitely one of those days that is just full of DRAMA! Something I try to stay away from. It actually started the night before when my Siberian vomited her dinner. (Sorry for the visual) Scott and I didn't think much of it because she sometmes eats so fast that she gets sick. But, something kept telling me that she wasn't feeling right.

Well, fast forward to 1:00 am and 5:00 am when she did it two more times. Scott ended up taking her to vet first thing in the morning. We were worried that she ate one of Maggie's toys or got a hold of something that she shouldn't have. They X-rayed her, did a bunch of bloodwork and 9 hours later we got the verdict: Gas. She had some sort of intestinal bug that was causing her gastric issues. Great - $250 because my dog had gas. But, at least I can rest easy. I was sick over it yesterday thinking she would need surgery or of course thinking the worst. She's home now and is on a bland diet. She seems to be doing a lot better.

As for the remainder of the day, just small, minute pieces of drama. Sometimes I wonder why one can go for DAYS without any emergencies, etc. and then BAM - a day full of nothing but dramatic issues.

All I can say is TGIF! Here's to hoping for an uneventful and peaceful weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have taken my dog to the vet because she is sick and have watched as she literally got better just watching me write out the check to the vet! it is like she was saying "you haven't spent money on me recently, let's go to the vet!!"

that photo of her is just gorgeous! I would love to get some like that of my dog!

Nicole said...

Aww glad she is ok! It seems that everytime I take my dog to the vet he is fine... annoying to have to spend money but thankful he is always ok.