Friday, January 20, 2006

I LOVE being pregnant...

Seriously - even though I complain of the cramps, aches, pains, nausea, going to the potty 5 times a night, I still LOVE being pregnant. There is just something about it - about feeling the baby move and kick. I also LOVE when people stop and pat the belly. Sounds goofy and under any other normal circumstances I'm one of those "this is my dance space, that is your dance space" people, but when I'm pregnant, I want my belly rubbed like a big, fat buddah.

This morning I took my daughter into school and ran into my neighbor, Annetta, who is from Romania. She is the sweetest woman and her daughter is a year older than Maggie. The two of them play on occasions and I feel so bad for Annetta sometimes because she does not speak a lot of English, so when we communicate, it's broken but she tries so hard. I stopped to say "hi" to her and she immediately patted the belly and smiled. She said "Girl?" and I nodded. I told her I had about 8 weeks left and she was so excited for me. It's times like those that I just LOVE being pregnant! Sharing that excitement is so fun. :)

No comments: